Woah It's Almost Winter Now  

Posted by DAVID CLARK



It's been just over 5 months since my last post, and I apologize. To all 2 of my followers. Really, I'm sorry, there was no excuse for neglecting you both ... one of whom doesn't log in to his account anymore ... so yeah Phil -- I'm sorry.

As I spend more and more time on the internet, I begin to adopt a new frame of mind. One of efficiency, one of ... modernization. I recently created a Twitter account, something I used to swear I'd never make. Does this open the curtain on how I can't commit very emphatically and will discard promises like candy wrappers? Absolutely not, this means that internet companies are finding new ways to reach the skeptics, like me.

My Twitter experience has been nothing but pleasant, but I won't necessarily say that I "wish I'd made one a long time ago", because that's simply not the case. As my modern frame of mind evolved, I leapt a milestone that helped me find a considerable degree of appropriateness in having a Twitter.

........ Just kidding I made one because I didn't have enough wires through which to talk about myself. I am getting a pleasant understanding of the hype surrounding these e-products, though. The first domino was getting a Facebook. Then you came next, blog. Then, after plenty of preconceptions and prejudices came tumbling down, Twitter arrived.

It's nice, I'm slowly finding a balance between the three behemoths -- Twitter is for immediate, usually insignificant thoughts; Facebook is for medium-length and potentially meaningful sentiments and keeping track of people that matter and then my blog is for long-winded brain vomits like the one you're reading now. Between the three, I get a considerable piece of my mind circulating on the tubes.

Speaking of things you can't help but want, I've been invited to the beta of Google \/\/ave. The fabled "future of communication", dozens of internet technologies rolled into one, will allow you to invite people to messages that you write in real-time as opposed to composing them and CCing everyone who you feel needs a copy of your letter, as you do with regular electronic mail.

It is still significantly buggy, but already significantly awesome. My favorite feature, as I'm sure many users will say, is the ability to see what your buddies are typing in real time, character-by-character. The downside here is that now I get to be super self-conscious about my terrible, abominable capability to make typos. At Google I/O when the engineers were showing off Wave to 4000 people, they had trouble typing. When everyone in the goddamn world can see you misspell "day" for "gay", I don't want to meet the guy who's not nervous.

The upside, so I'm told by the engineers at Google, is that you spend all of your time when Waving either reading or writing, which cuts down idle time substantially when electronically communicating. I can get behind that. I am someone who chats religiously through instant messengers. Well-practiced keyboardists can usually type only a little bit slower than they can talk, and something like what the Wave can do enables REAL real time communication, which is a very valuable feature.

It is definitely the ultimate collaborative writing tool, and I'm most excited to wrangle up some of my friends and force them to do my English homework with me. I mean, come on, how goddamn fast can we plow through an essay when there's virtually three of me writing in unison? My wildest, most pathetic fantasies are now inescapably possible.

Oh, by the way, a few bullet points to get you up to speed

- I'm in community college now
- My album is almost done(!!)
- I am the next president of the United States
- It is actually not the cinnamon swirls in every bite

This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 11:20 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 hit-ups

Post a Comment