Ain't No Rest For The Wicked  

Posted by DAVID CLARK



Hello, readers. I've switched my blog title from "Without Further Ado" to "Hyperlinc", which is, today, my online handle. I feel like it makes more sense, is edgier, and is much less common -- if I'm lucky, maybe I'll actually be able to find my blog through Google a few years down the road. On the other hand, I appreciate being able to speak my mind without people who I'd rather not have reading my blog finding this. It's a gamble to use my real name and real picture, but I'm a gamblin' man, readers.

In other news ... it's finished. I have NOT ONLY fulfilled a new year's resolution, ladies and gentlemen, but I've also made an album. Rewinding to December 31st of 2009, we see a spunky, ruggedly handsome young man sitting at his computer watching Dick Clark count down the ball drop -- he is contemplating his worldly achievements. A stern frown reveals his unhappiness with how much he's accomplished, and a light bulb flashes over his head. It is New Year's eve - what better time to sort out a goal, something to make him feel better about himself?

His mind races with the possibilities, and his piercing blue eyes settle on the shortcut icon for FL Studio on his desktop. "That's it," he thinks, "I'll make an album!" He begins work immediately. He laughs, he cries, he ragequits, he cries, and he ragequits. 11 and a half months later, he is done with his album just in time, and he is writing a blog post about himself in the 3rd person recounting these events.

This young man, my faithful readers ....... is me. I have unleashed my artistic genius in the form of a 13-track electronica album, which I will share with you now.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/437723/Hyperlinc.zip

Nothing need be said. This is my soul in a ZIP file.

My next project is still heavily under construction -- I'm composing a digital opera based on Zelda, made entirely in a VST known as Miroslav Philharmonik. If you're a digital music user, you know what this is - if you aren't, Philharmonik is a gigantic, immersive orchestral simulator that allows you to create some fantastically realistic music and quite frankly threatens to murder the concept of the classical concert entirely. It is an awesome power, and I will use my power for good.

In other news, I've been playing a lot of Borderlands. If I were playing it by myself, I would say the game was "okay", BORDERING on "pretty good". Because I have a committed group of friends to play with me, the game is simply brilliant. I cannot get enough of this game and I can easily say that it is the representation of everything multiplayer games today should be. Good one, Gearbox, I already await the sequel with baited breath, if only for the hope of the inclusion of additional vehicles (I love me some vehicles).

I think that's all for now, readers.

P.S. it occurred to me that I talked a whole lot about getting Twitter in one of my last posts and didn't actually link it: http://twitter.com/DavidLClark1

This entry was posted on Sunday, November 15, 2009 at 1:55 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 hit-ups

Post a Comment